single.php -> Inhalt - Layout für normale Posts
Vegan Falafel Wrap with Garlic Sauce
Falafel - everyone knows it, everyone loves it. The little balls of wonder are not only absolutely delicious, but also vegetarian. In combination with our vegan garlic sauce, they will become the highlight of every dinner party!
For the garlic sauce:
- Chop the garlic and mix it with the soy yoghurt. Purée everything with a blender and season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Let the sauce rest for about 2 hours in the fridge.
For the falafel:
- First, drain the chickpeas well and then rinse them with cold water. Peel the onion and garlic and roughly chop.
- Purée the chickpeas with onion, garlic and parsley until a kind of paste is formed. Then add the dry spices and mix everything again until a uniform mass is produced.
- Add the paste to a bowl, add the flour one spoonful at atime and stir well with a fork. Finally, add the baking powder until everything is smooth. If the dough is still too soggy, just add some flour.
- Now you can each form the dough into small balls using a tablespoon. Brush the balls with oil and let rest on a paper towel.
- Next heat up the hot air deep fryer. Gradually add the balls to the deep fryer and deep fry them for about 12-15 minutes. To make the falafel really nicely brown and crispy, simply turn the falafel several times during the cooking process.
- It is best to place the finished falafel on a paper towel so that it doesn't get too greasy.
For the wraps:
- Take the spinach and the bean sprouts and briefly wash them in water. Meanwhile, heat up the Yufka pitas individually in a pan.
- Take a flatbread and sprinkle a handful of spinach and chopped tomatoes over it. With a fine hand, you can now lay up to three pieces of falafel on top of the the spinach and round off the wrap with your home-made garlic sauce.
- As a final touch, sprinkle the bean sprouts on top of yout falafal. Enjoy your meal!
23. January 2019
geschrieben in Rezepte